B.A. Spending Daily
Here’s a roundup of this morning’s must-read budget and economic stories:
- The Washington Post looks at the “political deadlock over the national debt.”
- The Associated Press and The New York Times report President Obama signed the JOBS Act yesterday, which would reduce regulations on small business start ups. Reuters has more on the JOBS Act.
- The Washington Post has more about the goings on at the nearly $1 million GSA conference reported earlier this week. The Hill says Congress is looking further into spending for the conference. According to The Weekly Standard, just a few years ago President Obama was praising the work ethic at the GSA.
- Politico looks at the prospects for a long-term transportation reauthorization bill.
- The Hill says the Energy Department is poised to begin approving more loans for renewable energy companies.
- Reuters reports a federal judge has approved a $25 billion settlement with some of the nation’s largest banks over allegations that fraud caused the housing and financial crisis.